WELCOME TO IRA NIRENBERG'S WEBSITE
free fraction activities|CCSS fractions|homeschooling|exeter|msi|fraction thinkbook|living with math|visualize fractions|add fractions|subtract fractions|multiply fractions|divide fractions|mixed number|proper fractions|improper fractions|understand fractions
IRA'S EMAIL: email@example.com
SPECIAL NOTE: A LINK TO MY NOVEL ALABAMA WHISTLE CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE
Inquire for a list of Workshops and Lectures
IRA'S PUBLICATIONS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM
THE FRACTION THINKBOOK: THE THINKING STUDENT'S GUIDE--FROM FRACTIONS TO ALGEBRA
WHAT THE FRACTION THINKBOOK CAN HELP STUDENTS DO:
1. Visualize Fractions
2. Compare Fractions
3. Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide, Proper Fractions and Improper Fractions,
and perform all operations with Mixed Numbers
4. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: UNDERSTAND THE REASONS BEHIND ALL OF THE RULES AND "TRICKS" USED IN MANIPULATING FRACTIONS
THE PERFECT RESOURCE FOR COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS
Common Core State Standards for Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6:
CCSS. Math Contents
Grade 3: 3.NF.A.1; 3.NF.A.2; 3.NF.A.3
Grade 4: 4.NF.A.1; 4.NF.A.2; 4.NF.B.3; 4.NF.B.4; 4.NF.C.5; 4.NF.C.6; 4.NF.C.7
Grade 5: 5.NF.A.1; 5.NF.A.2; 5.NF.B.3; 5.NF.B.4; 5.NF.B.5; 5.NF.B.6; 5.NF.B.7
Grade 6: 6.NS.A.1; 6.NS.B.2
The Fraction ThinkBook includes 11 activities that stress understanding over rote memorization.
"The absolute BEST resource/workbook ever developed for middle school mathematics."
The workbook presents a visual (right brain) technique for working
with fractions, as well as helping students make the transition from middle school mathematics to algebra.
The 2017 revised edition includes activities on ratio, proportion, decimal numbers, and percent.
"Does a wonderful job of connecting middle school mathematics to algebra."
"An excellent resource for home schooling."
THE FRACTION THINKBOOK
WHO USES THE FRACTION THINKBOOK AND WHY?
View Table Of Contents
To The Teacher
LIVING WITH MATH: MAKING HEALTHY DECISIONS FOR YOURSELF AND THE EARTH
Investigates everyday topics using clear and concise language.
LIVING WITH MATH
Some of the topics covered in the book are: Money matters,
specifically the national debt and inflation, diet, and climate change,
to name just a few. A great read for the layperson.
READ THE BOOK ONLINE FOR FREE!
Intermediate Physics by Ira Nirenberg--a FREE online textbook produced by CK-12 can be found at
1. MSI (MATH SCIENCE INSTITUTE) is a mathematics conference modeled after the Exeter summer math conference but held in New Orleans at Tulane University in mid July and sponsored by Metairie Park Country Day School.
MSI MATH CONFERENCE
2. The MSI newsletter has lots of cool math articles!
MSI fall 2011
MSI spring 2012
3. Digital copies for my classes "Physics for Math Teachers" and "Pre calculus and Astronomy" presented at the Anja S. Greer Summer Mathematics Conference at Exeter Phillips Academy will available to all participants on June 16, 2017
To find out more about the Anja S. Greer Exeter mathematics conference see the link below.
My first novel: A bizarre mystery satire--
Can be read on any phone, tablet, computer, and most E-readers.
Download the free app for non Amazon devices.
Click on the link below. The app will appear under the picture of the book once you're on Amazon.